Sunday 23 January 2011

Day 23


I was chopping carrots the other day and one of the discs rolled off the worktop onto the floor. As I bent down to retrieve it I found, with a level of surprise befitting someone who doesn't get out much, that it had landed on its edge. It's not a particularly thick edge, as you can see. Perhaps it's not as improbable as it seems but it moved me to take a photograph. Because that's proof. Yeah, well, you'll just have to trust me.

It gets worse. I actually left it there for two days until it dried up and fell over.

4 comments:

Matt Keefe said...

I suppose you'd already broken the ten second rule by the time you'd fetched the camera anyway.

Graham said...

With the state of my kitchen floor, it's a two second rule.

Ariane said...

I use the rule "eat it unless it has hair on it".

Anonymous said...

The two second rule is for following cars on motorways, surely? Ten seconds is for food on the floor that will be cooked, otherwise three seconds. The five second rule is for stealing someone's chair. The 946,707,779 second rule is for official state secrets to be made public.