Friday 21 January 2011

Day 21



I watched a great film recently, and I mention it because it was a pleasant surprise. The film was Remember Me starring Robert 'Twilight' Pattinson, or 'R Patz' as the kids on the street (like me, for example) call him. I expected it to be a cliché-drizzled teen romance, which was fine because I like those, but it is in fact a moving and thoroughly engaging piece of filmmaking with excellent performances all round and a very human heart. I won't summarise the plot because I don't think for a moment that anyone is going to watch it on the back of my flimsy recommendation, but it impressed me enough to want to give it a big-up (hey kids). In contrived summary: a film that will live long in the memory.

6 comments:

Matt Keefe said...

That's an accident waiting to happen, that is.

Matt Keefe said...

Wait, is the next word going to be 'rolled'?

Graham said...

No. It's not going to be 'shat' either.

Andrew said...

Remember Me was great, wasn't it? I started watching it on a plane for exactly the same reason, and despite it being on a titchy 5" screen, with 5p headphones, I was engrossed.

Ariane said...

Have ordered it from LoveFilm - can't wait.

Richard W said...

On your recommendation I'll watch that too. Thanks Graham, or, as the "kids on the on the street" call you, 'G nu'.

:)