Sunday 7 August 2011

The perils of singledom #1

Following my previous post, I'd like to say that this engaging action shot is me preparing the foundation for an elaborate mural. That, however, would be untrue. In fact this is me doing some groundwork to complement my latest unnecessary purchase - an HD projector! (Note: you need to be careful when decorating. See how I've carelessly dropped some flesh coloured paint on top of my head. Goodness knows where that came from.)

Here's the beast, next to my measly 46 inch TV. Pah! The projected image size is 129 inches! That's just shy of 11 feet!

Here's a completely random screenshot as an example. (A lot of football fans subscribe to the absurd theory that league tables are meaningless until about a dozen games into the season. Sometimes you just have to chuckle at these fools.)

So yes, out of nowhere I felt compelled to create a cinema in my lounge and this post clearly has no purpose beyond showing off about it. I'm basically a total tosspot. I think it's just what happens to mid-thirties bachelors - resisting it could lead to all sorts of problems so you have to accede. Shortly after purchasing the projector I found out that the Star Wars saga is coming out on Blu-ray next month. See what I mean? It's like nature's delicate, unimpeachable plan.

At some point I will get around to creating some of that artwork I promised. Just one more DVD, then I'll get right on it.

9 comments:

Ariane said...

First a Kindle, now this?! I feel like copying you, though I don't think that's what the government had in mind when it issued my maternity allowance...

Matt Keefe said...

An 11-foot wide shot of the Championship table. Great. Thanks.

Thom said...

Now, your room is quite large but do you not have to be 20-30 feet away to watch such a large screen? My girls sit 30cm away from our 42in and I am sure all they see are pixels.

Graham said...

Ariane - don't the government have a home projector allowance? They're always on about projected figures, so might be worth asking at the Post Office.

Matt - cheer up, you're hosting the mighty Brentford on Saturday! Is it sold out yet?

Thom - my sitting position is 18 feet away (just measured). Looks great - certainly no eye fatigue.

Hadleigh said...

Most impressive ;)

Max & Lisa want to know how much it cost... I don't think Max realises his room is not big enough...

Graham said...

Sorry Hadleigh, missed your comment. It's a hazard of having notifications go to a mailbox I never check.

Let's just say a grand would not be enough. Not nearly enough. You can get perfectly reasonable models for £400 though.

MJ said...

did you paint your wall with special paint??

Graham said...

No, I just used up an old tin of white matt emulsion. I could have left the wall beige but the colours were a little bit off.

thejobinrome said...

You're clearly doing a much more accomplished job at being single than I am! I don't, for intance, have a homemade cinema!

If you have any kind of a second, give me a read at singledomtown.blogspot.com, I'd love feedback on how to improve my half-assed attempt at being whimsical about singledom!

Cheers,

Ewan