Thursday 16 December 2010

I have actually given this thought

Hey reader! How would you like to be told a story, one word at a time, with 24 hour pauses inbetween, over the course of an entire calendar year?

Well Graham, that sounds like one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Why do you ask?

Because it's going to be my new project, starting on January 1st!

Ha ha. You're joking, obviously.

No I'm not! It's better than it sounds though - each word will be artistically rendered to give the whole thing some visual oompf!

Nope, still among the worst ideas ever.

You really think so?

Yes.

Fuck it, I'm doing it anyway.

Good for you. [deletes bookmark]

8 comments:

Richard W said...

I'm all years.

3 to 1 the first word is "The", 7/2 "A", and 100/1 "Turnips". Special odds of 20/1 for any other variety of vegetable.

Good luck!

Ariane said...

Well, I for one will be tuning in daily. Looking forward to it greatly!

Simon said...

I like the cut of your jib young fella me lad. Maybe one word might be a little extreme though, what about 3 or perhaps even a sentence?

I could always just check back once a week I guess....

Graham said...

Richard - I haven't actually written it yet, so 'Turnips' could be a possibility.

Ariane - your enthusiasm is appreciated.

Simon - yes, you've spotted the fatal flaw in the idea but I'm sticking to my guns. I might try to spice the posts up with other things so that it isn't the most interminably boring blog of all time (assuming it isn't already).

Simon said...

As the proprietor of an Italian restaurant we used to frequent said, in response to my insistence that I would like the gnocchi as a main course and not a starter, having listened to her point out that it might be a little too heavy: "as you wish, luvvie".

Matt Keefe said...

No reason not to do it. Sounds more manageable than Creative Year, allows you to work in small parts without having to come up with a completely new idea each time, offers something to people who like to check in every day but won't take long for occasional visitors to catch up; all seems pretty sound to me. Best of luck!

Andrew said...

Yep, certainly sounds intriguing...

barriejohn said...

I...