Sunday 2 August 2009

Plinthriller

You may be aware of the Fourth Plinth in London's Trafalgar Square. Between 6 July and 14 October it is playing host to Antony Gormley's One & Other project, where successful applicants can spend an hour being a living exhibit.

One such applicant was Andrew West, who today took the atheist message to the masses by teaching them the moves to Michael Jackson's Thriller. I took these screengrabs from the webcast.

As you can see, Ariane was leading the dancers and it was all very enjoyable until the dreaded cherry picker arrived to take him away. I haven't seen any of the other 'exhibits', but clearly this has made the entire project worthwhile. Good work, Andrew!

Edit: I have subsequently realised that the whole thing is archived here, which rather trumps my screengrabs.

2 comments:

Ariane said...

Your screen grabs are a great record of the day - thanks a lot. I especially like the one of the little girl in green.

Gavin said...

I've just watched (some of) the video - it looks to have been a very good-natured and enjoyable hour.