Sunday 16 October 2011

Cooksmart

There's a kitchen textiles company called Cooksmart. I have some of their tea towels. On several occasions I've noticed their logo on the tag and found it a bit odd. It looks like this:

Why, I kept wondering, have they used the chef's hat to represent the letter A when it clearly looks more like the M? Was it a strange oversight or a deliberate ploy to bait sad losers like me into blogging about them? It seemed so obvious that they'd got it wrong. In my head, I had already composed a slightly haughty email.

But first, to satisfy my hunch, I adjusted the logo to how I thought it should look.

And immediately I saw why they hadn't done it this way. Now it looks like Cooks' Art. The hat doesn't look like an M at all! They were right all along. In my head I composed another email to apologise for the previous email even though I'd never written it, let alone sent it.

I'm sorry for doubting you Cooksmart. I may still email you about putting the hanging loop in the corner rather that the side though. That annoys me.

The moral? Don't be a smart arse.

6 comments:

Simon said...

I presume it's just me who immediately thought it looked like something rude?

Ben Park said...

@Simon Sadly not. I also thought the same.

BUT, then I thought "actually it could be a spanner". it doesn't look a lot like a chef's hat, really. It's not as good as the Pillsbury Dough Boy's hat, for example.

Ariane said...

It totally looks like something rude! Upside down, but still rude. In fact, it reminds me exactly of this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B003AJ0M0Q/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=11052681&s=kitchen

Graham said...

I honestly didn't notice the penis. Perhaps they should branch out into bedroom toys.

Matt Keefe said...

And here was me thinking this post was going to end with the logo re-rendered as 'Cocksmart'...

Richard W said...

"In my head I composed another email to apologise for the previous email even though I'd never written it..."

I did laugh-out-loud at this.