Sunday 27 March 2011

Day 86


A couple of weeks ago a strange thing happened and I still haven't come up with a satisfying explanation for it. I was having my usual Saturday lie-in when I was awoken by a huge thud on my doormat followed by the rattle of my letter plate and the postman's steps down the metal staircase outside. Now, I'm a very sound sleeper who can normally snooze through thunderstorms, car alarms, air raids, you name it. So whatever had just dropped through my letterbox must have been pretty substantial. I was still sleepy but since I wasn't expecting any packages I was very intrigued as to what it might be, so I got out of bed immediately to see what it was. When I got to the doormat there was an A4 flyer for a local double glazing firm. Nothing else. I thought perhaps I'd dreamt it; the leaftlet had probably been there from earlier. But on looking out of the window, the postman was walking across the road to the other houses. Please readers, help me understand.

2 comments:

Matt Keefe said...

The confusion of waking, surely?

Graham said...

Well, yes. I was being partly tongue-in-cheek but it's easy to see why, if you're not a rational person, you could swear that you experienced something that didn't actually happen. Thankfully for me it won't form the basis of a lifetime's devotion.