Sunday 11 October 2009

Badge-wearers gallery

Well I asked for photos of you wearing your New Trash Radio badges, and boy did you step up to the plate. These past few days have been a little hectic while sorting through all the photo submissions but finally I can bring you the best received so far. Sorry if yours didn't make the cut, but I think you'll agree that the following people are far more important than you are. Keep 'em coming though!

First up is crazy go-getter Konnie Huq, pictured here at an envelope opening last week. Konnie was the only person to cut round her badge neatly, which probably isn't surprising. 'I asked an adult to help me!' quipped the often sparingly clothed ex-Blue Peter presenter.

The next photo is actually a 'spot' by reader Dorothy Wigg, who noticed Radio 2 star Terry Wogan wearing the badge as she was queuing to get her book signed in the Wakefield branch of Waterstone's. "I finally got to the front after waiting for six minutes and the first thing I did was mention the badge. 'Trash Radio!' I shouted, but I think he misunderstood and snapped: 'Well I doubt you could do any f***ing better.' It was a bit upsetting actually."

Following his party's conference in Brighton the other week, Prime Minister Gordon Brown sent me this snap taken backstage. 'Until my remaining eye packs in, I can assure you that I will remain a faithful reader. I trust, in return, that the Labour Party can count on your vote in next year's general election.' Er, sorry Gordon. Thanks for the pic, though.

Pint sized painted lady, popstrel and paparazzi magnet Cheryl Cole found time in her busy schedule of applying makeup and smiling to send in this photo. 'Me an wor Ashley love New Trash Radio and think it's dead canny like, LOL!' she enthused in her email.

Finally, an unexpected submission from exalted Nobel Peace Prize winner and, to a lesser extent, leader of the free world Barack Obama. 'It would make my day to be featured in your gallery,' he wrote. 'At least I know I'm in the running for that one.' Well Mr President, I'm happy to oblige. Peace out.

12 comments:

barriejohn said...

Hilarious, Graham! And I'm so looking forward to Her Maj proudly displaying hers when she addresses the nation at Christmas!!

barriejohn said...

PS You had me going there for a minute, Graham. Never having clapped eyes on the first of your "celebrities" before, I thought for one awful moment that some idiot really HAD sent you their pic!! Phew!!!

Ariane said...

Made me laugh loads - thanks. Feel a bit embarrassed to have not made the cut though.

MJB said...

I'm so gullible. I honestly thought the 'special badge' post was a serious photo opportunity for the readers of NTR.

I came back expecting to see a picture of barriejohn...but we got Konnie and Cheryl instead. I need to digest the facts for a few moments. Yeah, it's a win-win situation.

barriejohn said...

Are you quite sure it wasn't the charming photo of Terry Wogan that got you going there, MJB?

Hadleigh said...

Awesome. As Mrs Cole might put in her Bog, I certainly 'rofl' when I read this :-D

Hadleigh who can't type said...

Err, Blog, even. I'm sure no one is interested what Cheryl Cole puts in her bog. Except, perhaps, the Paparazzi. And possibly Simon Cowell.

Graham said...

barriejohn - 'some idiot'? How rude. I'm still awaiting yours!

Ariane - I thought the bikini was a bit risqué for this blog. Sorry.

MJB - No, you were right the first time. Sadly, though, everyone else seemed to think I was joking so I had to save face. Don't be shy, there's still time.

Hadleigh - I would imagine that Mrs Cole fills her bog with the same substance that describes her musical output.

MJB said...

Graham - Thanks for the offer but I'm going to decline. The idea of seeing my photograph on any type of website has zero appeal.

But good luck with the recruitment. I'll check the gallery at weekend.

Thom said...

Do you write in any tabloid under a different moniker, because it was just as if I was waiting in the hairdressers reading some tittle tattle?!

Matt Keefe said...

Where is Cheryl's badge? I think I missed it.

Justin said...

Admit it Graham, Konnie is only in there because you fancy her...